March 27, 2014

Family Layout from Skylark Paper

Here is the first of three double page layouts I created for last weekends crafting event. I sold them as a kit including all papers (all cut for you) and embellishments you can see here. Each set would also contain a picture of the finished pages, instructions on how to assemble the pages and a sketch of each page. Why an extra sketch you ask? Well, this sketch can be used to make more layouts in either the same layout or why not mix them up. Switch pages horizontal, vertical or just elements of it...try it, it's so much fun to play with.

I used the brand new Skylark paper pack from Close To My Heart. I love the mixture of bright colors with the more toned down once. To give it a nice spring touch I thought Daisy White would be the perfect background.



Let's start with the left page layout. If you have purchase the "Make it from your Hear - Volume 2" (order number 9042) book yet , you can find this layout in it.

I started with the biggest piece of Skylark design paper and adhered it to the right side. Next I used the border which comes with this design paper and adhered it, followed by a strip of blue lagoon paper. The next piece is the back side design of the first paper piece.

For the photo mat I used kraft cardstock and lagoon cardstock. You can the photo mat was placed with foam dots to the page. You have room for 3 photos (3 1/2 x 4 1/2). You can also use one space for journaling or you can use one big picture and a small one or .... well you get the idea.


Page 2 uses the same papers, just in different sizes. You also have room from a total of four pictures. One a 5x4 and the others are 3 3/4x3.
Again, you could use one mat for journaling if you like.

I had my Cricut cut out the word family, which I adhered in the lower right corner and embellished with a few sparkles.
Both stripes from page 2 are cut shorter the on page 1. I used the leftovers as embellishments. I cut the end in a decorative banner shape and adhered three buttons in coordinating colors to it. 

 In case you would like to order a set to assemble at home, please contact me for costs and shipping or if you have any other question...









No comments:

Post a Comment