March 20, 2014

A Tulip Easter Card

As I mentioned a few blogs ago, this month I have two different kind of card workshop classes. The second part of my class is dealing with ideas for some wonderful Easter cards.


This Easter card was inspired by some Easter eggs that I had left from another design and an idea featured on the Cricut website. I used the Cricut design to cut out the green leaf and stamps (comes in two parts) and nine blush colored Easter eggs.

I started the card, by running a piece of 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" pink cardstock through my embossing machine. I used the brand new Close To My Heart dotted embossing folder. A little bit of pink edging and the piece war ready to be adhered to the front of the card base.

I also had the Cricut cut out the white medallion base for the tulips. After edging the leafs and eggs with the corresponding ink, I first adhered the leaf stamp combination flat to the white cardstock. Each tulip is built from three eggs. One is placed in the middle, the next one is placed to left overlapping the fist one half way. The final one is placed to the right.
Before you adhere the flowers, dry fit them and see how much they have to overlap to create a tulip shape.
Decorate the finished flower bunch with a little bow and place the white cardstock to the front of the card with some foam dots.


Close To My Hearts Cricut cartridge was used to cut out the words "happy" and "Easter". A few glue dots will hold them on the card.

Your tulip Easter card is ready to go in the mail...

This is one of four cards that come in a set for Easter. If you like to purchase a set to make these cards at home or if you like to order them assembled either way, please contact me for more details.


No comments:

Post a Comment