March 21, 2014

Easter Lamb Card

Naturally Easter is not all about Easter eggs or Easter egg hunt, no the real meaning lays within the believe that "He is Risen". 



The Easter lamb might be one of the best symbols to express this believe.
I used a Close To My Heart stamp set that was just right for this card. The card has a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" base with rounded corners. I used a piece of 4" x 5 1/4" piece of design paper with rounded corners on the front of the card. Do not adhere this piece until the vellum strip is attached to it!


The lamb was stamped in chocolate brown ink on a white piece of cardstock. This piece was matted with a 1/4" bigger piece of cashmere cardstock. The set was adhered to the front with some foam dots once the design paper is adhered (remember to attache the vellum first!).

The cross was created by stamping the image in chocolate ink onto a white piece of cardstock. I cut the cross out and adhered it to another piece of cashmere cardstock. Again I cut around the cross, this time leaving a slight rim around the cross.


I used a piece of vellum cut 1"x 5" and rounded the corners on the right side. I then stamped my phrase in chocolate ink onto the vellum. You have to make sure to let it dry very good, since regular ink will take a long time to dry. You could use StarzOn instead to speed up the process.
I placed the strip onto the design paper and folded the extra length on the left side over to the back. A bit of glue on the back will hold the vellum in place.

You can use special vellum glue to adhere it to the front as well, but this is not necessary. Now you are ready to adhere the design paper to the front of the card and attache the lamb to it as well. The cross is adhered across the vellum onto the front. A few rhinestone sparkles are place on the cross and the vellum finishing this card.

This is the second card of my Easter card set of four. If you like a kit to assemble at home or if you like a completed card set, not matter which one you like, please contact me for more ordering details...





No comments:

Post a Comment