December 17, 2015

Festive Lanterns




This is one of my favorite little gifts and decor items. So festive and can be used all year round. 

What is even more amazing, these little gems fold flat and are the size of a regular A2 card, measuring 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"... yes, perfect for sending in the mail to brighten the day of some one special.

The base is made from Close to My Heart cardstock colors "desert sand" and "cashmere".
Each panel is scored so you end up with four even sized panels and a small glue strip to assemble.

I used a star die to cut out each star (one on each panel). You can use other die images too.
Once all the cutting was done I embossed the panels with a star design. Since the lantern folds together so small, you can actually fit the folded piece completely in your embossing folder. Therefor you only have to run it through your machine once!

I stamped snow and stars on some vellum paper using white pigment ink. This needs to dry completely before you continue. I cut the vellum to size and adhered them over the star cutout on the inside of the lantern.

I used crochet ribbon and hemp thread with gold around the top of the lantern and tied it into a bow. The ends of the ribbon were cut and the thread was decorated with more glitter stars. I used the gold glitter paper (Z3076) from Close to My Heart, since all our glitter paper pack come with three different shades of color. The gold glitter paper (Z3076) includes two hues of gold color and on beautiful white glitter paper. So I had to make some in gold and some in white glitter. 

I used a LED tea light or one of those little LED stump candles to place inside the lantern.

Would you like to make one of these (or more) or would you like to purchase a lanterns? No matter what questions you have, please contact me by clicking HERE...

These are beautiful decoration items, don't miss out on them....



No comments:

Post a Comment